Dear Friend of Hadleigh CC,
You will recall i wrote to you a month ago outlining our plans to bring cricket back to the Meadow at Hadleigh CC.
I am pleased to say the return of cricket has been a fantastic success both on and off the pitch for everyone regardless of age or gender.
Thanks for your support in respecting and implementing all the Covid 19 protocols that we have been forced to introduce.
Your support is much appreciated.
Our overarching commitment is to keep you safe when you visit Hadleigh CC and we are constantly reviewing our processes and Covid 19 protocols to ensure this happens.
In our latest review we have identified some areas that we need to change immediately, these are:
- From now, if you are a Hadleigh CC player, volunteer, member or supporter and you are arriving at the ground by car, can you please park your car at the bottom of the ground, The White Hart gate entrance.? Please park orderly and follow the boundary wall as your parking guidance. This simple measure will ease the pressure at the top of the ground and improve safety around the pavilion. This applies to all matches at the weekends until further notice. Your support of this simple matter is much appreciated.
- Please note that from this Saturday our bar will open from Midday for all 1st X1 matches. We hope this will help you enjoy this wonderful weather and a full days cricket especially as the Atkins and Crane Cup builds to an exciting climax. Remember all of our Saturday matches start at Midday.
We also need to take this opportunity to remind you of a few protocols that must be reinforced with no exceptions:
- The changing rooms in the pavilion are closed. They are out of bounds for all games, no exceptions.
- Players, please be very aware of security of your kit and personal belongings. There have been reports from other clubs of kit stolen whilst you are fielding. Please lock your kit and personal belongings away in your cars when you are fielding and for those of you that are fortunate enough to bat long periods i would suggest you do the same! .
- Please remember the verandah on the pavilion has to be a "no waiting/parking" zone, it must be kept clear at all times. We must have a one way system in place to allow the bar and toilets to be used, the verandah being kept clear ensures we are meeting these requirements. We need everyone to "Police" this so please spread the message and ensure the verandah is kept clear.
Thank you again for all your support in implementing these measures.
We are all on a steep learning curve with this new form of cricket but i am sure you will all agree that it is worth it as we have all enjoyed some great cricket over the last month.
We will review all the Government and ECB protocols again in a months time but in the mean time please continue to enjoy your cricket, keep getting lots of runs, wickets and wins for HCC.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me or our Head of Cricket Simon Manthorpe.
Yours in Cricket.